Monday 26 May 2014

Things you don't expect

A few weeks ago I bought a Volkswagen Jetta TD. I got my plates and was going to change them because previous owner didn't take off his plates. I was like, "OK this will just take a few minutes" I haven't been more wrong in my life. I started with the back license plate thinking this will just be a few screws or bolts. Something that I remember as soon as I looked at the screws and bolts and was like, "I don't have any tools my dad took them with him." Didn't stop me though, I had a few tools so I took them out. I started to loosen the bolts but I couldn't. I was getting pretty infuriated because I bought a car, insured it, and I couldn't drive it because I couldn't get a stupid licence plate off. I called up a friend to see if he could help me and he came thankfully after he was done work. In the mean time I took off the front license plate of which was a cinch I might add. My friend came and before I get into details it took us about an hour and a bit too take it off. The reason why it took so long is the bolts where completely rusted out. I had to take apart the back of my trunk to do this because the threaded socket, was spinning when it wasn't supposed to be because of the rust was holding the two together if that makes sense. That night figured out that everything isn't what it seems like, even taking a licence plate off.

No comments:

Post a Comment