Monday 14 April 2014

Tint

Last time I talked about how I changed a starter on our snow blower, so an update on that is it works perfectly now. I'm able to start it up and do my job of clearing the driveway. This was a relief for me because now I don't have to shovel the whole driveway anymore, The snow blower is a great invention. You  know what people say, "Boys don't grow up, their toys get more expensive." I'm not saying that's true, but if it was, the shovel was cheap so I must be growing up. That's besides the point, what I really want to talk about is what I have done this time around.
This time, I took the tint off my window on my jetta which i really didn't want to do but my dad got a ticket because the windows were too tinted and what ever else they don't like about having tinted windows. I might put tint on again but just a lighter shade. I don't think ill be applying it during the time of the passion project because I just don't have the money for it at this point of my life.
To be able to take the tint off is really easy actually but takes patients and time. There are a few things that you need to have: a razer blade, some kind of steamer, and a tinted window. The reason why you need to have a steamer is the tint is glued on and without the heat the glue stick's too much.

Pictures of taking tint off


3 comments:

  1. Mathieu get more money to tint your window. That statement about how our toys get more expensive is so true. Way to go for fixing your snowblower!! looking forward for future posts!
    -Trevy D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey ya I need to defiantly tint my windows again I also know a guy that does tint windows, he says its about $300 plus or minus or a bit. So we will see about that hopefully police wont pull me over for too tinted. Thanks
      Mathieu

      Delete
  2. I've seen inexpensive tinting applied, but I haven't seen it removed. You share the necessary tools, but you don't explain the technique which is an important part of making your learning visible and helping readers learn from you. This was a golden opportunity to take pictures of the process and the tools.

    ReplyDelete